Panasonic TV Picture Settings and Calibration
For Panasonic Plasma, LED and LCD TVs
A television in the process of being calibrated before we begin our review.
We have professionally calibrated the following Panasonic TVs based on strict ISF calibration guidelines using the best Sencore signal generators, colorometers, and Cal-Man Pro software. Settings for each TV listed are optimized to the D6500K color temperature.
The CIE Diagram shown above represents color on a 2D plane with white in the center, the curving gray line represents color temperature. D6500K is shown on the line with a red dot. When we calibrate a television, D6500K is the color temperature refrence that picture is calibrated to or as close to as possible.
Higher end lines of TVs have more robust options for calibration such as a 10-point white balance control to enable the user or calibrator to dial in the TV perfectly. Lower end lines of televisions have simpler settings options such as 2 point white balance settings or none at all.
Any plasma TVs near the top of the line in Panasonic's lineup allow for 10 point white balance control. There is also a lot of flexibility with this system to allow for a picture performance that really pops. It's a good thing, because Panasonic has joined the energy reduction brigade and the standard picture mode settings that these TVs come with provide a dull and dim picture performance. Adjusting the individual colors in the white balance controls per our settings will make the colors pop but will also necessarily decrease the life of the phosphors of the TV somewhat while also using more energy.
Below is a listing of the Panasonic series we currently have calibrated picture settings posted for. The picture settings are on the main review but apply to all sizes in a particular series of televisions.
- Panasonic TC-P55VT50 Picture Settings - Also works for TC-P65VT50
- Panasonic TC-P55GT50 Picture Settings - Also works for TC-P50GT50, TC-P60GT50, TC-P65GT50
- Panasonic TC-P55ST50 Picture Settings - Also works for TC-P50ST50, TC-P60ST50, TC-P65ST50
- Panasonic TC-P50GT30 Picture Settings - Also works for TC-P65GT30, TC-P60GT30 and TC-P55GT30
- Panasonic TC-P50ST30 Picture Settings - Also works for TC-P65ST30, TC-P60ST30, TC-P55ST30, TC-P46ST30 and TC-P42ST30
- Panasonic TC-P50S30 Pictue Settings - Also works for TC-P60S30, TC-P46S30 and TC-P42S30